- Meeting in the Arctic Council on Friday: Continuing the peaceful cooperation is the main political priority
Minister of Foreign Affairs Martin Lidegaard will participate along with Prime Minister of the Government of the Faroe Islands, Kaj Leo Holm Johannesen, and the Greenlandic Minister for Industry, Labour, Trade and Foreign Affairs, Vittus Qujaukitsoq, in the ministerial meeting of the Arctic Council on April 24 2015 in Canada.
- Global Conference to address Fundamental Media Freedom Concerns
More than 100 international and Danish media professionals and experts will gather in Copenhagen April 29-30 for a conference on media freedom and the importance of a free press in the development of society.
- Danish tax plan to promote growth in developing countries
Tax systems in developing countries must be strengthened in order for them to be able to finance roads, hospitals and schools and eventually become independent of development assistance. That is the view of Danish Minister for Trade and Development Cooperation, Mogens Jensen, who will share Danish experiences in supporting stronger tax systems during the World Bank Spring Meetings in Washington this weekend.
- Poland and Denmark agree on strengthening their political cooperation
On April 13th 2015 the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of Poland and Denmark, Grzegorz Schetyna and Martin Lidegaard, agreed on a Joint Communiqué on Cooperation.
- Invitation: Better Aid - Danida Evaluation in Policy and Practice
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs invites for a full day event on evaluation of development cooperation in Eigtveds Pakhus on 11 May
- Denmark provides a record high grant to the victims of Syria
At the international donor conference for Syria held today in Kuwait, the Danish Minister for Trade and Development, Mr. Mogens Jensen, will publish Denmark’s new commitment of 250 million DKK in 2015 for the victims of the crisis of Syria. Denmark's commitment is 50 million DKK higher than last year.
- 60 years with the Danish-German model for minority protection at the border
Minister for Foreign Affairs Martin Lidegaard participated in the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Danish-German “constitution” for the protection of minority rights on both sides of the Danish-German border, namely the Bonn and Copenhagen declarations.
- Joint statement from visit in Greenland
Joint statement from the visit in Greenland March 23-24, 2015.
- A Lunch between the Oldest Monarchies in the World
On March 28th, Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark will meet for lunch with Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan at the Imperial Palace.
- Watch, Use, Share: New 3GF videos making the case for green growth
In 3 newly released videos leading 3GF partners are making the compelling case for why “green” and “growth” have to go together and how collaborative partnerships between public and private actors are paving the way for solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems.